Find It! With Cadence Online Support
Cadence Online Support (COS) replaces SourceLink as the best place for
Cadence customer self-help. Improved performance and usability will make you immediately
The new site has a new URL: http://support.cadence.com -- but don't worry,
your saved bookmarks to SourceLink URLs will automatically redirect.
Search is one of the most critical functions of any site, and the Search functionality
for Cadence Online Support is no exception. The new site has employed a "best-of-breed"
approach to choose a new search engine that works best in terms of the metadata-driven search methodology used at Cadence.
Search Results Improved
Users frequently complain about being overwhelmed with all of the different chapters of each version of a Product Manual.
This has been changed drastically with Cadence Online Support so that each Manual appears once within the results list.
From that entry, users can choose different versions of the Manual and different chapters within each version.
Also, search results have been segmented so that different types of content are shown separately -- Product Manuals are no longer intermingled with other content.
Other new features of the Online Support search experience include:
- Refine search results by doing 'within' result searches
- Filter search results by date
- Locate users' viewable Service Requests in Search
- Find content unique to the Design Topics area as part of general search
- See posts from the Community Forums & Blogs
Search is only as good as the content that it serves up. Customer Support has been working to enhance content and remove outdated content.
New or Improved Pages
- Troubleshooting - displays a command center for troubleshooting tools and information personalized to a user's preferences
- My Support - allows management of key personalization features including: My Account, My Favorites, My Search History, My Alerts
- Product Pages - presents a comprehensive array of "everything you ever wanted to know" about a specific product including: product overview, troubleshooting and critical solution information, documentation, Design Communities and more...
- Software Update - allows users to order license files, software on DVD, view previous orders, and link to Software Downloads
- Email notification - Set preferences to receive email notification of new documents, software updates, and products
- Page Tools - Add to Favorites and Email joins the group of Page Tools presented on each page of the site. Add to Favorites allows you to save often-visited pages for quick access; Email provides you a way to email a short URL to a colleague's desktop